127 NOUOs! Good Lord What A Busy Year It's Been!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
127 NOUOs! Good Lord What A Busy Year It's Been!

I'll let the link contents speak for its self, but they are really serious this year. However the numbers may climb depending on when you view the link below.

Worth noting...

Not all of these are Part 15 related.  I didn't read all of them, but about half I landed on were LPFM or commercial stations, with things including bad tower maintenance.

The Part 15 ones I landed on were all grossly over limit FM stations.

You don't see

You don't see in the ones I looked at, the field strength measured.

Seems that Florida is always a hot spot more than anywhere else.

Here in Canada this is not too common. Don't even know if ISED(formerly Industry Canada) has any section on "NOUO's" like the FCC.

In fact any "pirate" here is news and gets a write up in the paper or in the case of the Parkdale guy here in Toronto gets interviewed by the most read paper in the country.

But those listed are just a little dent in the overall the war on drugs.

In Florida there are

In Florida there are basically 2 types of Pirate stations: Haitian and God, Guns & Guts! The G, G & G guys rebroadcast GCN types of radio.

Druid Hills Radio AM-1710- Dade City, FL. Unlicensed operation authorized by the Part 15 Department of the FCC and our Resident Hobby Agent.  

The NOUOs in Connecticut are

The NOUOs in Connecticut are interesting ones, specially if you look at the one for Oraine Ennis in Trumball CT I am not refering to the field strength, but the number of transmitters located in different cities.

Here's the link:

Busy Guy

That Oraine Ennis was an ambitious fellow having so many transmitters all over the place. He really kept the agents busy.

Wonder what the guy was broadcasting that was so important.

Carl Blare